What are we all about?

What is MEMfit? MEMfit is a 24-session fitness experience guaranteed to achieve all of your fitness goals AND improve the well-being of individuals in Memphis, Tennessee. MEMfit is based on the following principles:

Community - Functional Fitness - Fun.

MEMfit is designed to give you the results that you work for! We provide innovative and challenging workouts that guarantee to inspire! Workouts change on a daily basis so our workout routines are never boring!

MEMfit encourages change not only in your body, but also in your community. With an ever-growing obesity problem in the US, MEMfit's social mission is to implement programs in the city of Memphis that give adults and children alike the access to healthier fitness programs. Proceeds from each camp are set aside specifically for this reason.


Join us today -CHANGE YOUR BODY, CHANGE YOUR COMMUNITY.



Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank You vets! - Happy Veterans Day!

This afternoon as I was picking up my two youngest and walking them to our special corner of campus to begin homework Dylan, my youngest, begins explaining the origins of the Thanksgiving holiday.  "Did you know", she says, "that the Pilgrims didn't even have turkey at the first Thanksgiving?".  I act shocked and say, "What, you mean all these years, I've been eating turkey and it's been a sham!"  She laughs and says, "Yeah".  I said, "isn't it cool though, that if we want we could even eat pizza on Thanksgiving?"  Excitedly, both of my youngest kids said "YEAH!".  And Logan adds, "so take that Pilgrims".

It's a small blessing, but I'm thankful that I live in a country where my choices, continue to remain my choices!  This is not a political stance, but an opportunity for me to reflect and teach my children, that even with the smallest of privileges that price was paid by someone else that came before you. 

So today, and everyday, to our veterans everywhere I want to say THANK YOU!

Happy Veteran's Day from MEMfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment